Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First Link Up!!

So as of tomorrow I am participating in my first blog party (of sorts) Anyway Lori over @ Life as Lori is hosting what she's calling "Get your Craft On" which I think is very fitting!! As you all know I have begun a computer room take over and since I am the obsessed ummm avid computer user it gets to be my oasis, and I am super siked to use some ideas I've had in my back pocket for awhile. Plus I am hoping to get it done before the Hubby returns sooooo this was just the motivation I was needing to get my lazy, no project finishing, butt in gear!

If after you take a look at my simple yet thrifty project and decide "Hey that looks like fun I wanna join"....just click here....


Get your craft on Thurs.

I am sure Lori would LOVE to have you.

So here goes nothing, I will apologize that I did not do step by step pictures, but lets face it most of us know how to use spray paint and a glue gun and my project is super easy a caveman could do it, so I won't bore you. Plus I am in desperate need of a mani and don't want picture proof of such :)

I went on a little excursion with the Bestie today (no I am not in middle school, please over look the verbage) any whoo It's a few days before pay day so we decided to frequent the base thrift shops...God bless the military, we move so much we always have to get rid of GOOD stuff. I went today with DIY in mind and was looking for a gem of a piece, or well what I could turn into one, and this is what I found.



Alas a pot only a mother could love...but as the pic says it was  $1.50 so if I screw it up ehhh I'll collect some change from under the couch cushions.

I wondered on paint colors etc...then I thought...go with white Resh. The room is bright (as all get out) and this can serve as an understated accent piece...cause duh it's a pot.

Ok so on to the next step....gathering supplies. Pretty easy!! I bought Spanish Moss from the thrift store cause I LOVE it and think you can never have too much moss and because it was again a $1 something and I figured I could use it somewhere. On to Wally world for spray paint, which I am pretty sure I had, but with my deliquents you never know who decided to "tag" the trach cans or government sidewalks..which by the way is gonna cost us BIG. Oh and I needed something to put IN the pot. So I found some leafy spikes..which you will see later, because I forgot to photograph them :( Sorry
soooo
1.Pot
2.Paint
3.Greenery
4. Spanish Moss
5. Handy Dandy Glue Gun
6. HAVE FUN!




This was soo super easy and cheap! So for a little under 6 bucks I got a fabulous arrangement that I LOVE. I probably could have bought one on clearance, broken, and the wrong colors for a few dollars more, but then I wouldn't have been able to blog about it now would I?

So here she is in all her Glory



SO what'yas think?
p.s I made the green and white pillow out of an old purse and it's more or less my inspiration for the room. The yellow one was $1.50 at the thrift store and I am hoping to sew some sequins on it and some how use it in the room I have a vision for and hope to bring to life!

*****EDIT*****

Well I figured since I am in the PARTYING mood and might as well jump in feet first....plus Lori was so wonderful and tipped me off to a few more parties!!

So I've added buttons for all my links this Thursday!

Steph over at Somewhat Simple  is hosting Strut Your Stuff Thursday


giveaways


Since my arrangement was such a thrifty transformation I figured I would link up with Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for  Transformation Thursdays!! Check her out..




The Shabby Chic Cottage


 

Till we meet again I've got more to DIY!

5 comments:

  1. Yea you joined my party!!! i thought i would be the only one here!!! It's my 1st party..

    That is amazing... Don't you just love love love spray paint?? I know I do.. The pillows are to die for..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lori....I'm down for a party anytime! I stsyed up last night watching my shows and waiting for your linky and decided to add a lil sparkle to the yellow pillow....pics to come :) Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - Lori's sis here! Super cute arrangement - love it and you can't beat the price! And the "pillow purse" - absolutely fab - who knew? I can't sew a stich - at all!

    Welcome to your first blogger party and to blogland - it's a blast out here - great finds thrifting - I'm never that lucky!

    Have a good one -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. Don't you love it when things work out like this. I love finding stuff at the thrift store and make it into something else that fits! Great p ost.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails