Monday, January 25, 2010

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag

Photobucket





And she's so freakin excited!!


Can you feel my excitement through the screen???
After 10 years of wiping noses, and rear ends, babysitting every neighbors' kid we've ever had, and serving drunks drinks past the point of intoxication...I finally did it!
What did I do you ask? I'm a STUDENT!!

In the next week I'll receive my books, my courses, a few polo shirts and some freakin scrubs!! I love scrubs...so cute. For awhile I actually listed all careers that involved scrubs, just so I could wear them. Yeah my love for them is that deep. I might even get cutesy and make my own...ohh the possiblities. YES I know I'm not normal.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


$5960 later I am enrolled to complete my degree at California Animal Behavior College <---I'm pretty sure that's a name that they may have just pulled out of a hat...or their ass...but who cares it's a DEGREE.
I've put it off for so long...you know the whole "well Hubby it's kinda hard to plan a career around yours" card, yeah I've played that one for A LONG time. Well he finally called my hand on that one!!
So I got my panties out of a wad and decided to get my shit together. A process that takes usually about 6 weeks, I did in about 4 hours....I am uber proud of myself *pats self on back* The Hubs is pretty stoked too.

For years now I have lacked the motivation to do anything about my dreams, or really anything that applies to me. I've struggled right through along side the Hubby while he achieved what started as his dream and ended up being the family's dream. People have asked me what that's supposed to mean? But see when you have a vital person in a group i.e. a family that wants something SO bad they can taste it, those surrounding them and those who are an intricate part of that person's life begin to taste it too. They also  begin to sacrifice for the cause, and that is exactly what the four of us did. My Hub will tell you, and he tells all the newbies, if your family ain't on board and don't stand behind you through the blood, sweat and tears, it's a LONG road. He says if it wasn't for US he wouldn't have made it where he is today.
So it finally clicked for me. Instead of using all of that as an excuse, I should be using it as motivation. I don't just want the boys to see dreams become realities through their Daddy, but through ME also. And the only person who can make that happen is me.

I am officially on my way to being a vet assistant, a groomer, trainer, and shelter animal rescuer...(yes that is a degree...it has a "technical" name but I'm too lazy to look it up and didn't really pay attention during registration) Dang I'm gonna be a sparkling student :)
But that field totally fits me, I'm the gal that breeds and births the dogs on the block, I'm the one that brings home strays and nurses them back to health. Digs bullets out of farm dogs, I've saved 2 pups from parvo...which might I add here...even the Veterinarian told me I couldn't do it pfff WELL I did. In reality I think I've finally found my fit!
So eventually I'll be working in a vet's office or worse case scenario and I am feeling kinda stiffled  I can rescue animals, train'em, clean'em up and sell them on craigslist bahahahaha. I foresee such a future ;)
All in all this is a pretty good way to kick start my week..



9 comments:

  1. good luck girl!!!

    I am such an animal lover myself! I would always bring home all the strays in the neighbor and try and give them all a home.

    The love of animals is such a wonderful thing to pass down to your boys too. Kyle takes after me and even brought a huge tadpole in the house last week and wanted to help keep him warm until he turned into a frog.....sorry bubba...back outside to the creek he goes! And then there was the time he train a little lizard to ride up and down the river on his little plastic boat...no joke...I have pictures of it somewhere!

    But I sure wish you could fix my choclate labs ear :( he has been fighting a nasty infection in it for 2 months. The vet has given us 2 rounds of antibiotics with no luck and nasty yellow crap drains out of it....any suggestions Doc???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read your words!

    Help a girl out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This is so totally exciting, Recia! I'm so glad you decided to grab your own dream and go with it. If I could work, I would love love love to work with animals. What you're doing sounds like heaven to me.

    How long will it take you to get your degree? Who will watch the boys while you're at school?

    Yay for you!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congrats and good luck! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful! Good luck! Stopping by through SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for you! It sure does sound like a great fit! Best of luck with all your classes and such!!! :)

    and thanks for visiting me this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations to you! i'm in school too and while it's tough (i've got two small kids) it's surely gratifying!

    found you at batcrap crazy--new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fellow adult student who also recently decided to jump in with both feet to pursue my dream, I want to say congratulations. Good luck on this wonderful journey! (Stopping by from SITS.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and best of luck in your studies! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails